A suede couch is a type of sofa or couch that is upholstered in suede fabric. It is a rich fabric that can add a touch of elegance to your living space. Having a suede couch is great, but what if your suede couch gets attached by pen ink or gets dirty?
It can be a challenging task if the ink sticks to your suede couch. But don’t worry, we have the solution. We are here to inform you how to get ink out of a suede couch properly in easy ways. Suede couches are popular for their stylish appearance and comfortable texture, making them a sought-after choice for home furnishings.
That’s why suede fabric and couches require special care and proper cleaning methods. In this article, we have discussed all the cleaning elements and proper ways to clean ink from suede couches.
Understanding Ink Stain on Suede Couch:
Understanding ink on a suede couch involves confessing the challenges of dealing with ink stains on this delicate fabric. When ink comes into contact with suede, it can quickly absorb and spread, leaving unsightly marks. Pen ink stains can be stubborn to remove, and improper cleaning methods may cause further damage to the suede material.
Swift action is essential when dealing with ink spills, as it prevents the ink from getting deeper into the fabric. Avoid rubbing the stain, as this can worsen the situation by spreading the ink further. Cautious handling of pens and markers around the suede couch can prevent ink stains on your luxurious suede couches.
Necessary Tools to Get Ink Out of a Suede Couch:
As suede couches are a beautiful addition, they require proper tools and a gentle cleaning process. You have to gather those tools first and choose the right type of tools. The tools you will need while cleaning your suede couch are:
White vinegar is an effective cleaning component that can help remove pen ink or any ink stains from your suede couch.
Rubbing alcohol is an effective cleaning element. You can use rubbing alcohol instead of white vinegar. Any of these, or both, can help you remove stains from suede couches.
White Cloth or Paper Towel:
A white cloth or a paper towel is used to blot the stained area.
Use a suede brush or soft toothbrush to brush the stained area.
You can try a suede eraser on the stain to lighten it.
You can use commercial suede cleaners, as those are genuinely made for suede couches.
Applying suede protector spray is a good idea to prevent any future stains on your suede couches.
How to Get Ink Out of a Suede Couch?
Aren’t you searching for how to get ink out of a suede couch? Ink stains on suede can be particularly stubborn, demanding a cautious and delicate approach to restore the couch to its former glory. By acting swiftly and employing the right methods, you can increase your chances of success in erasing unwanted ink stains. Here is the process for getting ink out of a suede couch:
1. Act Quickly:
As soon as you see the ink, act quickly to prevent it from getting deeper into the suede.
2. Blot, Don’t Rub:
Blot the ink-stained area with a clean, soft cloth or paper towel. It will absorb existing liquid and lighten the marks. But don’t rub; it will spread the stain and make it worse.
3. Brush the Stained Area with a Suede Brush:
Brush the stained area with a suede brush or a soft toothbrush. It will help to remove some of the ink from the surface.
4. Stain Persists? Use a Suede Eraser:
If the ink stain persists, take a suede eraser and gently rub the stained area in one direction. Don’t apply too much pressure.
5. Use Rubbing Alcohol:
If the stain is still visible, dampen a soft, clean cloth or a paper towel with some rubbing alcohol and gently dab on the stained area.
6. Prepare a Cleaning Solution:
Mix one part white vinegar and one part clean water (1:1) to make a cleaning solution.
7. Spot-test First:
Make a spot test of that cleaning solution in a small, inconspicuous area. If it doesn’t hamper the fabric, then apply it to the stain.
8. Dry it Naturally:
After cleaning, allow your suede to dry naturally. Avoid using heat or direct sunlight to dry it out.
You can watch this:
Other Ways to Get Ink Out of a Suede Couch:
There are some more methods, excluding the ones mentioned, to remove ink from suede couches. But always remember to test a cleaning solution in a small, inconspicuous area before using it to ensure the solution doesn’t cause any damage.
Commercial Suede Cleaner:
You can use commercial suede cleaner, which is basically made for suede fabric and suede furniture. You can get it at the local market.
- Apply a small amount of the cleaner to the stained area.
- Then dab the area with a clean cloth.
- Clean it in a circular motion.
- Let it dry, and then brush the suede in one direction.
- Also, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Cornstarch or Talcum Powder:
You can try covering the stained area with cornstarch or talcum powder.
- Allow it to sit on the stain for a few hours or overnight. The powder may help absorb the ink.
- Afterward, gently brush off the powder with a suede brush.
Baking Soda Paste:
- Make a paste using baking soda and water, then apply it to the stain.
- Let it sit for a few hours.
- Then gently brush it off with a suede brush.
Lemon Juice and Cream of Tartar:
- Create a mixture of lemon juice and cream of tartar to form a paste.
- Apply it to the stain and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Then wipe it off with a damp cloth and let the area air dry.
Things to Remember:
Besides cleaning your suede couch, there are several important tips to keep in mind to finish the cleaning hour successfully without giving a glimpse of the damage.
- Act promptly when you notice an ink stain on your suede.
- Test the cleaning solution in a hidden area of the couch to ensure the solution doesn’t cause any damage to your suede.
- Be gentle when you clean it because suede is a delicate fabric that can easily get damaged if you treat it roughly.
- Don’t use too much water for it.
- Use a specialized suede cleaner made for cleaning. Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions first.
- Don’t use any rough chemicals like bleach, ammonia, etc. These are very strong chemicals that can damage your suede couches.
- If you are unable to do all of the cleaning processes listed here, call a professional instead.
Ink or pen ink can accidentally fall on the suede couch. But it is not a matter of sorrow because it can be removed with proper techniques. Always be cautious when using ink on your suede couch. Prevention is better than cure. If it happens, follow the instructions listed above. With it, you can easily get the ink out of your suede couch. Treating your suede couch properly can ensure that it lasts a long time.
Always remember to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the cleaners. And make a spot test of the solutions in a hidden or inconspicuous area before using it. After maintaining your cleaning processes properly and gently, you can expect your suede couch to look as new as before.